BEFORE YOU COMPLETE THIS APPLICATION:
· Did you purchase this home on or after February 1, 2019?
If the answer is “no,” please proceed to the application.
If the answer is “yes,” PLEASE CONTINUE TO READ and be aware of CFSIC’s guidelines on this subject.
1) If “yes”…you MUST HAVE in your possession EITHER a visual examination report assigning a CFSIC Severity Class code of 3, 2, or 1 to the foundation OR a foundation core testing report (not both…it’s just EITHER).
2) If “yes”…the date of either report MUST BE a date prior to the date on which you purchased the home.
3) If “yes”…for an inspection report, it doesn’t make any difference if the Severity Class assigned is 3, 2, or 1.
4) If “yes”…for a foundation core test report, it doesn’t make any difference whether the results are positive OR negative for the existence of pyrrhotite…and if positive, it makes no difference as to the amount of pyrrhotite.
If you purchased your home on or after February 1, 2019 and you have not observed these rules, your claim will be rejected.